I confirm I have paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for each tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that I donate to will reclaim on my gifts for that tax year. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify. I understand the charity will reclaim 28p of tax on every £1 that I gave up to 5 April 2008 and will reclaim 25p of tax on every £1 that I give on or after 6 April 2008.

Please notify Thomas Cooper Memorial Church if you:

  • Want to cancel this declaration at any time (if you have been allocated a Gift Aid number by TCM, it will be cancelled and not used again)
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.

Notes on Gift-Aided donations to TCM

  1. TCM keeps an account of all Gift-Aided donations; please ask a member of the Finance Team if you would like a copy of your donations record and we will provide it within one month.
  2. In any tax year you must pay at least as much Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax as can be reclaimed by all the charities you support with Gift Aid; please note that other forms of tax such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify for Gift Aid. TCM, together with all registered charities makes an annual return to HMRC showing all Gift-Aided donations. HMRC may check against an individual’s tax accounts to ensure that tax has been paid, so please ensure that if your circumstances change and you cease to pay sufficient tax, you inform TCM immediately.
  3. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, please contact your local tax office.
  4. If you pay higher rate income tax, you can reclaim additional tax relief through your self-assessment tax return.

If you have any queries regarding the operation of the Gift Aid scheme, then please contact any member of the Finance Team.

Return to Gift Aid declaration form.